March 2018–Turks and Caicos Islands
There’s no way to sugar coat it, Turks and Caicos is an expensive Caribbean Island. Actually, the most expensive Caribbean Island I’ve visited. So why choose Turks and Caicos? I’ll give you a five reasons, if you need some convincing.
- Fresh Conch. Straight out of the Caribbean Sea into my mouth…I mean your mouth. Or take me with and we can share. 🙂 I also had the BEST blackened grouper I’ve ever tasted, that was worth the trip right there!
- TripAdvisor just named ‘Grace Bay Beach’ the #1 Beach in the World. It’s breathtakingly beautiful. Words and photos don’t give it justice, you just have to experience it with your own eyes.
- Not only is Grace Bay Beach stunning, there are many of beaches around the island more private, and just as grand. My favorite was Long Bay Beach.
- There is an abandoned ship two miles from the shoreline of Long Bay Beach. This is my number one reason why I need to go back. I didn’t realize this could be visited by jet ski and explored, until my last day. I’m fascinated by it, and would make a second trip just to explore this.
- If you’re looking for a relaxing, quiet getaway, this is the island for you. It’s far from being a loud, party island. I was there during ‘high’ season, and found myself wondering just exactly where everyone was hiding.
Expensive as the Turks and Caicos Islands may be, I would recommend a short visit if you’re looking to find some pure, clean, gorgeous beaches with white sand and turquoise waters.